The Government of India decided to boost the Startup ecosystem in the country and help India become a nation of job creators rather than job seekers. The Hon’ble Prime Minister of India on the 69th Independence Day celebration of India, announced the ‘Startup India’ initiative and subsequently, launched the Startup India Action Plan on January 16, 2016 in New Delhi. The Government through this initiative aims to empower Startups to grow through innovation and design and to accelerate spreading of the Startup movement.
In line of Govt. of India’s startup movement to make India a nation of creator instead of job seeker, Assam Science and Technology University has established the Startup Cell with an objective to start the startup culture across all affiliated institutes of Assam Science and Technology University. It is the need of hour to develop a culture that produces innovators who dare to dream original ideas and pursue it till fruition. This cell is intends to create a technology start up ecosystem among students of affiliated institutes through addressing local social challenges, encouraging new ideas to solve them and nurture the concepts to make a successful venture.The cell also provides support across all facets of start up and throughout all stages of venture development.
- VISION:To establish an incubation center for creating successful stories in the startup Ecosystem.
- MISSION: To accelerate the startup ecosystem in the colleges thereby increasing the number of ideas converting to startups and create successful companies.
- Role of the cell
- Act as an institutional mechanism to provide services to budding entrepreneurs.
- Conduct awareness programmes in house and at other institutes.
- Enhancing industry institute interaction through guest lectures and industry visits.
- Conduct programmes on idea generation and business plan preparation and skill development.
- To respond effectively to the emerging challenges and opportunities both at national and international level relating to enterprises.