OBJECTIVES OF THE UNIVERSITY:
- Regulation of Courses and the Examination system for both Undergraduate and Postgraduates Programme including the degree leading to Ph.D. for Science and Technology discipline for all the Engineering Colleges in the state of Assam.
- Introduction of Post Graduate Courses in identified thrust areas.
- Establishment of Research and Development Activities.
- Development of a Data Bank for Natural Resources. Assam Science and Technology University has been established to bring all the Engineering Colleges/Institutions of Assam under a single platform and to provide uniform standards of technical education.
- Give synchronized strategic and operational leadership to technical education of Assam through a unified structure.
- Create state of the art infrastructure and train excellent academic personnel to be with the international peers.
- Establish a platform to participate together by Government and Private organization under unified umbrella.
- Create facilities for all to participate; Interaction with industries.
- Interfacing between ASTU and Government Institutes.
- Immediate formation of review committees for Syllabi from all experts from Assam, AEC, JEC, IITG & others (confidence building); Introduce in 2017-18 session.
- Review new courses.
- Participation in various univ. boards by Senior Faculties of Government Institution.
- Establish QA programme to define roles and responsibilities of all stakeholders.
- Ph.D guide for qualified faculties of these organizations.
- Bring in freshness by augmenting infrastructure to be at par with recognized establishments; share them to optimize utilization.
- Seminars, Workshops, Brain storming meetings among stakeholders.
Education is the process by which character is formed, strength of mind is increased, and intellect is sharpened, as a result of which one can stand on one's own feet. And that a teacher's sacred duty is to invoke the spirit of inquiry in his pupilsSwami VivekanandaThe function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.Martin Luther King JrEducation is an ornament in prosperity and a refuge in adversityAristotleReal knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignoranceConfuciusEducation is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the worldNelson MandelaAn investment in knowledge pays the best interestBenjamin Franklin